Consulting and Development Services
QuantFarm offers the following niche consultancy and developmental services in the areas of Big Data and Analytics.
- Big Data Readiness
- Defining Use Case and Business Case
- Business Impact Assessment & ROI Analysis
- Risk Assessment & Mitigation
Data Management Services:
- Data Ingestion/Migration: Ingesting/Migrating data from enterprises’ multiple data sources in a variety of formats.
- Data Cleansing: Detection, correction/removal of erroneous data.
- Data Transformation: Applying Transformations and Mapping the data to the new systems to achieve accurate, clean and error free data source.
- Data Integration/Visualization: Integrating the data and applying Business Intelligence/Visualization tools on it.
- Building Rule Engines for decision making based on System/Organization/Customer level rules.
- Generating Unique Ids across enterprises (to take care of the problem of multiple Ids for a single entity).
Technology Consulting Services:
- Technology Stacks & Road Map
- Outsourced Product Development
- Application Development & Maintenance
- Technology Consulting Services:
- Onshore-Offsite Model
- Agile Development
- Code Collaboration & Management Tools
- Dedicated Project Managers/Client Partners
|Hadoop and Ecosystem
Ingestion Tools (Flume, Sqoop),
Transformation Tools (PIG, Hive),
MapReduce, YARN, Zookeeper, Oozie,
Machine Learning (Mahout)
|Spark and Ecosystem
Machine Learning (MLib),
Streaming (Spark Streaming),
Column-based store (HBase, Cassandra),
Document-based store (CouchDB, MongoDB),
Key-Value store [Amazon S3 (Dynamo)],
Enterprises, big and small when seeking Consultancy services for their Big Data projects are rightly concerned about risks involved with unknowns. From our regular discussions with the industry, the common fears/unknowns are usually in the forms of
- Viability of the solution architecture,
- Costs involved in the project and
- Overall risk about the successful completion of the project with the ROI assurance.
QuantFarm addresses each of these concerns with a well-defined process and methodology as follows:
A. SOLUTION ARCHITECTURE:
QuantFarm solutions are based on latest and proven (stable) technology platforms with scalable, distributed, service-oriented architectures. QuantFarm solutions ensure following features:
- Very high performance for current as well as future needs without the need to redesign or make any fundamental changes to the architecture of the system.
- In the event of a failure, easy to pin-point the specific service/module, isolate that service, fix it and spring it back into action.
- Highly adaptive architecture to meet new requirements. New services can be written and integrated easily.
- Easy to maintain and reduces maintenance spend.
- QuantFarm solutions are based on Open Source Technologies and Commodity Hardware saving exorbitant costs associated with commercial software and hardware products, their licenses, upkeep etc.
- No “lock-in” or dependency on proprietary technology from any particular commercial vendor, thus saving huge costs, if client were to change vendors at any time in future.
C. RISK MITIGATION:
- Service-Oriented-Architecture (SOA)-based development: The risk of having a black box delivered that either runs or fails is mitigated. In the event of a failure, it would be very easy to pin-point only the service/module that has failed, making the troubleshooting quick and focused, without impacting the whole system.
- Software development and Project Management on Open-source ecosystem: The risk of having a vendor “lock-in” is mitigated.
- Agile Methodology: The entire software development effort would be done using Agile Methodology (SCRUM). The risk of the project failing after a huge loss of time, money and effort is mitigated.
- Real Time Visibility into the project: The entire software development effort (code, output, issues, stories, discussions etc.) would be checked into an Open-source, Distributed Version Control system for all stake holders to access at any point in time.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Planning: The project would have a thorough Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Plan in place. The entire development and management effort would be replicated at several places using both offline and on-line storage mediums. A detailed plan would be available to get the development back on track in the fastest possible time frame, in case of a glitch due to an unforeseen event.
- Dedicated Client Partner: Apart from the Project Manager, QuantFarm designates dedicated Client Partner whose sole focus is to look after client's best interests for the entire duration the project.
- Attrition Planning: QuantFarm’s Core Team, due to its IIT and IISc credentials has a very strong and an ever-growing network of exceptionally talented resources of the same pedigree. The risk of project getting affected due to attrition of members is mitigated due to the fact that QuantFarm has a huge pool of readily available, exceptionally talented resources of similar backgrounds. It makes on-boarding of these resources on-demand and getting them up to speed quickly, a relatively easy task for QuantFarm.